Chocolate Covered Cherry

After my usual Saturday stuff (Farmer's Market, coffee, errands) I went on a 4 hour walk. I am beyond beat but it was awesome. This from a girl who used to stop twice to sit down walking one length of the mall. Amazing. Thank God for weight loss surgery.

I came home and mustered enough energy to make dessert though. This dessert seems fitting for this weekend. When my father was alive every Father's Day I would buy him a box of his favorite chocolate covered cherries.


Shelly's Chocolate Covered Cherry Crumb

28 Cherries, pitted
1/2 teaspoon Corn Starch
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Vanilla)

Topping
1/3 cup Raw Almonds
1/3 cup Steel Cut Oats
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Vanilla)
1 Tablespoon Almond Butter
1 Tablespoon Cold Butter

Pit cherries. Toss cherries with SF syrup and cornstarch and spoon 7 cherries in each of the 4-4 oz. ramekins. Set aside.


Whiz almonds in a mini food processor till fine. Add the rest of the ingredients and whiz again till thoroughly mixed.


Sprinkle clumps of the topping equally over each ramekin of fruit. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until golden. Serve crumbs hot or cold.


Chocolate Drizzle:

1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Hot Fudge Sauce (I used Smucker's), nuked 25 seconds and drizzled over cooling crumbs. You can also melt a couple of SF Mini Chocolate Bars and Tablespoon of milk together.